Union Trust Building
Built in 1916 by Industrialist Henry Clay Frick as the Union Arcade, and now known as the Union Trust Building, this 517,376 sq. ft., 11-story structure is one of the most recognizable architectural landmarks in Downtown Pittsburgh. This Grant Street building once featured 240 shops and 700 offices, all configured around a circular center atrium. Its new owners, Boston-based, The Davis Companies, embarked on a $25 million renovation / retrofit that restored the building into a preeminent Class A address and marketed toward High Technology tenants. CJL Engineering was contracted to implement and design a comprehensive Mechanical, Electrical, IT and Plumbing retrofit. The team of The Davis Companies, Mascaro, Perfido Weiskopf, Clista and CJL Engineering won the Engineering Society of Western Pennsylvania’s Commercial Project of the Year for 2017. In May 2019, the Union Trust Building officially attained LEED Silver Certification.