Kindergarten - 12th
Fort Couch Middle School
Upper St. Claire School District
- The Photovoltaic (PV) System has been incorporated into the design. The PV System provides up to 1400W of power before drawing from the utility.
- Lighting Systems incorporate daylight harvesting and dimming controls along with high efficiency lighting fixtures to greatly reduce the amount of lighting energy consumed in the building.
The Upper St. Clair School District in Pittsburgh, PA has embarked on a $22 million renovation of Fort Couch Middle School. A portion of the existing structure is being demolished and reconfigured, and the school will be significantly expanded. CJL Engineering is providing the Mechanical, Electrical Plumbing and LEED® Engineering Services for this 153,000 sq. ft. project.
Gateway Senior High School
- Theatrical lighting and sound system in the auditorium.
- New chilled water air conditioning system connecting multiple buildings.
- Central station air handling units.
- Plumbing and fire protection systems.
A major expansion at Gateway Senior High School included a new wing that encompassed an auditorium and music education addition to the existing facility, linked by a concourse. CJL Engineering provided the HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Systems design for an Expansion / Renovation to the school.
Logan Middle School
- Large rooftop central station air-handling units serve the two wings with split-system air conditioning.
- The Electrical system includes a three-phase, 277 / 480 Volt electrical distribution and underground service entrance.
- A natural gas fueled emergency generator serves the emergency lighting and heating system.
Logan Middle School was built adjacent to the District’s high school on a 44- acre campus. CJL Engineering designed the school’s Mechanical and Electrical Systems, as well as its advanced Voice / Data / Video Technology Network. The new 139,000 sq. ft. air-conditioned middle school consists of two inter-connected wings.
Mars Area Senior High School
- New 1,200 seat auditorium with balcony
- Theatrical lighting with sound system
- New Chilled water system
- Central Station air handling units
Mars Area Senior High School received a major building addition in 2004; it included a new Auditorium, classrooms and renovations to the existing facility. CJL Engineering provided the HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Systems design for an Expansion / Renovation to the school.
Punxsutawney Middle School Natatorium
- A new pool dehumidification and water heating air-handling unit
- New hot water heating and ventilating equipment. Including gas-fired hot water boilers, pumps, air-handling units, unit ventilators, radiant panels, cabinet unit heaters, piping, and insulation.
- New emergency lighting, including engine generator, transfer switch, area protection panel, auxiliary equipment and related accessories.
17,000 sq. ft. Natatorium added to the school. CJL Engineering provided the Mechanical and Electrical engineering design, including all HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Systems. The addition includes the pool, two locker and shower rooms, lobby and restrooms.