Point Park University Dance Studio
- High efficiency Central Cooling Plant provides energy efficiency, including low temperature chilled water, expanded chilled water/condenser water temperature differentials
- State-of-the-art HVAC Systems provide exceptional temperature/humidity control, high levels of outside air, and high performance filtration.
- Demand Controlled Ventilation uses CO2 sensor controls to match ventilation air levels with occupancy/activity levels
- High performance glazing systems admit visible daylight, while providing exceptional thermal and solar performance
Lawrence Hall is a 21-story tower in Downtown Pittsburgh, the anchor structure of the Point Park University urban campus. Project included a new 54,000 sq. ft. dance studio complex, central cooling plant, steam boiler plant, and significant Mechanical and Electrical modernization for the historic 300,000 sq. ft. structure. CJL Engineering provided HVAC, electrical, lighting, Information Technologies, plumbing, and fire protection, as well as green/LEED® engineering services.
Lock Haven University Durrwachter Alumni Center
- Water Source Heat Pump System
- Automatic temperature control system
- Fire Protection / Detection system
- Voice / Data / Video systems with connection to campus WAN
CJL Engineering provided Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing and Voice/Data/ Video Network engineering services to Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania for the new Durrwachter Alumni Conference Center (LHU-409-MC), a new multi-purposed facility on campus.
University of Pittsburgh Chambers Hall
- Expand HVAC system chilled and hot water piping, install new air handling units, design new exhaust system.
- Extend the existing electrical distribution system, design new lighting.
- Extend telecommunications and fire alarm systems.
CJL Engineering provided Mechanical and Electrical engineering design services to The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg for the renovation and expansion of Chambers Hall. This existing facility received a new 7,200 sq. ft. cafeteria and food serving addition, including a complete renovation of the existing kitchen area.
Katz Café, U. of Pittsburgh
- Abundant use of down lighting and low-voltage track lighting with dimming features
- Power provided to equipment and to data network areas.
- Café accommodates a wireless Internet receiver, as well as data outlets.
The new Katz Café is the result of the basement retrofit of Mervis Hall, at the University of Pittsburgh. CJL Engineering designed the Mechanical and Electrical Systems for this Starbucks-like coffee bar and Internet café. Mervis Hall houses the Katz Graduate School of Business.
Oglebay WVU LEED® Certified
- High performance window glazing system for beneficial daylight will reduce thermal losses and solar heat gain. Lighting systems adjust to daylight levels and automatically dim and shut off, saving energy.
- HVAC systems provide exceptional indoor air quality and energy efficient performance.