- Pittsburgh’s first hospital entirely designed to LEED® standards
- UPMC East includes Emergency, Surgery, Cardiac Catheterization, Laboratories, Imaging Services, Cancer Center, Endoscopy, Dining, and Pharmacy Services
- 300,000 sq. ft. hospital in Monroeville, PA
- Patient capacity of 156-beds.
- 400-vehicle parking garage
CJL Engineering provided MEP Engineering as well as LEED® design services for the new UPMC East.
- Three 750-Ton centrifugal chillers and three 750-Ton cooling towers
- Complete Variable Air Volume HVAC System with a DDC Control System
- Three 9,900 MBH high-pressure steam boilers
- Primary Electrical Distribution System – 4,160 volts
- Fire Protection and Fire Alarm Systems, Paging, Monitoring, and Nurse Call Systems
- Interior and Exterior lighting design
- Testing, adjusting and balancing of all systems
- Together CJL Engineering, an architecture firm, and a system design company created the design for BrainSuite© installations in hospitals throughout North America.
- Installations include: Dallas and Plano, TX; Minneapolis, MN; Eau Clare, WI; and Richmond, VA.
BrainSuite® developed by BrainLab AG of Munich, Germany, is a workflow-optimized neurosurgical Operating Room that integrates image-guided surgery, intra-operative MRI, and visualization and data management technologies. BrainSuite® integrates with scanner manufacturers to incorporate their 1.5 or 3.0 Tesla high-field MRI systems providing the neurosurgeon with interactive patient data during the surgical procedure.
DaVita Dialysis Centers
National Prototype Design - Locations Nationwide
- Initiate implementation of LED lighting
- Daylight harvesting at treatment floor
- Total building automated lighting control
- Design Electrical Infrastructure/Distribution System
- HIgh Efficiency Gas Fire Rooftop CAV Units
- Numerous HVAC Zones to enhance occupant comfort
- UV Lights in all Rooftop Units to enhance indoor air quality
DaVita Healthcare Partners, Inc. is one of the largest kidney care resource centers in the USA with 2,179 locations. CJL Engineering has developed the new national prototype designs for future DaVita Clinics throughout the United States. CJL Professional Services include Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Engineering Design as well as Site, Civil and Structural Design.
UPMC - Hamot
- Heart Institute Telecom Room
- Fourth floor lab relocation
- Medical Center Cylodex Room
- OR Air Handling Unit Replacement
- Pump Replacement AHU 11,12
- Isolations Rooms
- Central Medical and Surgery Supply
- AHU Study
- Medical Gas Room Evaluation
- Nuclear Medicine Equipment Instgallation
- CAT Lab 8
CJL Engineering provided the MEP engineering design for the new Bayview Medical Office Building in Erie, PA. Located along the shore of Lake Erie, the Medical Center utilizes 70,000 sq. ft. in a four-story facility. Due to the Design-Build delivery system, the process not only guaranteed a not-to-exceed price, but expedited the construction process.
Conemaugh Health System
Two-pipe Hydronic Heating System enables simultaneous heating
- Building Automation System
- New Ventilation System
- Complete Variable Air Volume HVAC System with hot water reheat and perimeter radiant panels plus a DOC Control System
- Two new energy efficient Buderus wall hung boilers and new gas line
- Modified Sprinkler Systemto meet the new floor plan
- New domestic water system including fixtures, water heater, and hot water recirculation
- Utilized the existing raised floor system to run the sanitary sewer piping in lieu of core drilling the slab floor at every fixture location
- Two new Nuclear Medicine rooms with shared Control Room
- New fluorescent lighting with occupancy sensors
- New Nurses Call System and extended Fire Alarm System
This Cardiology Suite of offices was designed for maximum flexibility, functionality, day lighting, and energy efficiency.
This retrofit project involved the redesign and reconfiguration of the Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Systems in a 16,000 sq. ft. suite of offices in the Greater Johnstown Medical Park. CJL Engineering provided the engineering services required to repurpose existing space, originally designed for a high-security Defense Contractor, into a medical office application for the Conemaugh Physicians Group.
Mahoning Valley Hospital
- A dedicated dialysis loop
- Variable Air Volume heating and air conditioning system with reheat and individual room control
- Electrical design includes a Technology Network, lighting, power, security, as well as a diesel powered emergency generator.
Mahoning Valley Hospital is a not-for-profit, long-term acute care hospital. The main campus is in Boardman, Ohio. It is a new 45,000 sq. ft. facility that has 28 patient rooms, and provides patients with extended hospital care for complex medical conditions.