Three PNC Plaza
- Green elements include both green and recycled construction materials, daylighting and high-efficiency lighting, water conservation, heating and cooling systems
- High performance LED lighting design and evaluation, including mock-up testing
- High-performance Indoor Air Quality
- Provided tenant fit-out services and base building system upgrades for PNC and Reed Smith office floors, including UPS and UV hood exhaust
- Provided full-time on-site MEP construction services/owner’s representation. Extensive ongoing MEP systems peer review
- Coordination and extensive testing of mechanical / electrical Building Automation Systems (BAS) equipment, Fire Alarm System, smoke/fire dampers, and Hotel Energy Management. Installation, pre-functional testing procedures for offices, the hotel and individual condominiums
CJL Engineering provided MEP engineering, Construction Services, and LEED® Commissioning services for this 652,000 sq. ft, 23-story mixed use high-rise, located in downtown Pittsburgh. The property houses 320,000 sq. ft. of office space, including PNC and regional headquarters for the law offices of Reed Smith. The PNC space also includes trading floor areas, a full service kitchen/cafeteria, the 185-room Fairmont Hotel; 30-unit luxury residential condominium; high-end retail space; fitness center/spa, Habitat restaurant and 330 underground parking spaces
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa
- Provided the comprehensive electrical component of the hotel construction including lobby areas, guest rooms, office areas, restaurants, a kitchen.
- Coordinated the design of the Electrical Systems and lighting for the hotel.
- The design included all voice / data / security and point-of-sale communication systems, as well as the coordination of specialty lighting and sound systems
Chateau Lafayette, Nemacolin Woodlands CJL Engineering provided the Electrical Engineering design for Chateau Lafayette, a five-story, 124-room luxury hotel located at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa. In addition to its European amenities, the Chateau Lafayette features a grand marble-clad reception area, the Lautrec Restaurant, the 8,700 sq. ft. Marquis Ballroom and upscale shops, all of which received unique specialty lighting applications.
Renaissance Hotel Pittsburgh
- The retrofit design of all electrical systems and service for the building.
- The systems included special lighting for the lobby, meeting rooms, guest rooms, dimming, data / telecom, fitness center, kitchen, restaurant and public areas.
The 1905 Fulton Building is now the site the Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel. This 14-story building with a copper-clad roof was originally designed by Architect, Grosvenor Atterbury and is one of the architectural treasures of Pittsburgh’s “Cultural District”. The hotel has 300 upscale guest rooms and restaurant, plus 10,000 Sq. Ft. of meeting room space. A restored dome dominates the meticulously restored white marble lobby. The structure also houses the 1,300-seat Byham Theatre, a totally restored performance hall dating from 1904.
Eat’n Park Corporate Headquarters
- The scope of Electrical design in this tenant fit-out included the Lighting and Power Design for floor space occupied by Eat'n Park.
- The project also included the design of the Power Distribution and Data / Telecommunications Cabling Systems, along with all related switchgear.
CJL Engineering provided the Electrical Engineering design for the new Corporate Headquarters of Eat’n Park Restaurants, Inc. Their offices occupy the 30,000 sq. ft. second floor of 285 East Waterfront Drive. This sprawling mixed-use retail / entertainment and office district, developed at a cost of over $300 million by Continental Real Estate.
CJL Engineering Offices
- Energy conserving components, non-toxic floor surfaces and carpeting.
- Advanced energy-conserving illumination, abundance of natural light.
- Radiant hot water heating with high-efficiency gas boiler.
CJL Engineering has totally reconstructed a former auto showroom into Johnstown’s first fully-certified LEED® building. The structure serves as the home of CJL Engineering’s Johnstown Office. The building achieved LEED® Silver Certification.
Union Switch & Signal Building
- Design the facility’s Electrical Service with UPS.
- Fire Alarm System.
- Base building lighting and
- Site lighting.
- Telephone and data risers
This 73,000 sq. ft. aluminum and glass building is the United States headquarters for Union Switch and Signal, a subsidiary of Ansaldo Signal, The three-story building houses the corporate offices and the R&D division. Located at the Pittsburgh Technology Center the building is designed to take full advantage of the site’s natural locale, including public plazas, tree-lined river access paths and a river walk.