Green Building Alliance Offices
River Walk Center
- HVAC design includes a variable air volume distribution system and a high performance roof top unit that utilizes a variable frequency drive on the supply air fan, a fully modulating variable refrigerant circuit control to match cooling loads, UV coil irradiation, a full economizer, exhaust heat recovery, MERV 13 filters, and demand control vent capabilities.
- Sophisticated Building Automation System.
Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing and LEED® services for the Green Building Alliance’s (GBA) new 3,850-sq. ft. office space in the River Walk Corporate Center on the South Side of Pittsburgh, PA. The project earned the first LEED®; Commercial Interiors Platinum certification in Pennsylvania from the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
Fairmont Pittsburgh Hotel
- Prepared Commissioning Specifications in coordination with contractors. Incorporated energy efficiency, indoor environmental quality, and resource conservation in accordance with the US Green Building Council LEED® ratings.
- Reviewed all MEP pre-function testing reports, which were submitted by the contractors for completeness and accuracy.
The Fairmont Pittsburgh is a 185-room luxury hotel that occupies the top 10 floors of the 23-story Three PNC Plaza, one of the largest mixed-use buildings in the USA to be LEED® certified. CJL Engineering provided the Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and LEED® Engineering services on the project, as well as the Fundamental LEED® Commissioning.
Reed Smith Law Firm
- Power Distribution Systems.
- Architectural lighting design.
- Life Safety design
- Base Building MEP infrastructure modifications
- Obtained LEED® Silver certification
CJL Engineering was contracted to provide Reed Smith with a Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Protection tenant fit-out design for its new multi-floor offices at Three PNC Plaza, a 23-story mixed use office tower in downtown Pittsburgh, PA. Occupying seven entire floors, Reed Smith’s Pittsburgh office includes 190,000 sq. ft. of rentable space for 200 lawyers and accompanying support staff.
Naval Air Station Oceana
Child Development Center
- Provided high performance peer review incorporating energy efficiency, indoor environmental quality(IEQ), and resource conservation in accordance with the USBGC LEED® green building ratings.
- Implemented Commissioning Requirements in Construction Documents, including submittal review procedures, O & M data, systems manual, training plan, construction verification and start-up plan.
- Verified installation of HVAC, BAS, Lighting, Daylighting and DHW Systems, and develop functional testing procedures.
The new NAS Oceana Child Development Center is a 29,000 sq. ft LEED® Silver facility The complex includes Child Development Home (CDH) lending space, training and curriculum office, five infant activity rooms, four pre-toddler activity rooms, four toddler activity rooms, six pre-school rooms, kitchen, laundry, an entrance/lobby, reception and work areas, restrooms and mechanical and communication rooms.
Three PNC Plaza
- Green features include high performance envelope and glazing, high efficiency floor by floor Air Handling Units with central chilled water plant, waterside free cooling cycles, high performance lighting and daylighting, water conservative design.
- Coordination of mechanical /electrical Building Automation Systems (BAS) equipment.
CJL Engineering is providing LEED® Commissioning services for Three PNC Plaza. This $210 million mixed-use, 652,000 sq. ft, 23-story high-rise is nearing completion in downtown Pittsburgh. The project will achieve a US Green Building Council LEED® Silver certification. The project is comprised of 290,000 sq. ft. of office space, including 180,000 sq. ft. headquarters offices for Reed Smith law firm, and the 185-room Fairmont Hotel.