For over 75 years, Experience, Innovation and Performance have been CJL Engineering’s hallmark qualities. CJL’s design approach is to serve as expert engineering consultants, understanding current needs and anticipating what may arise in the future. Our professionals approach each project with fresh perspective and a wealth of experience. We deliver optimal, high-quality solutions, customized for a singular design.
CJL Engineering is a full-service, multi-disciplined, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP), Fire Protection, LEED®, Civil, and Structural Engineering and Consulting Firm. Our company offers a complete range of services, including analysis and concept, construction budgeting, building information modeling (BIM), energy modeling, detailed construction documents, construction phase services and building commissioning.
Originally headquartered in Pittsburgh in 1938, CJL Engineering now has offices in Moon PA, Johnstown PA, Youngstown OH, and Frederick MD, and a combined staff of 150 dedicated professionals, craftsmen and service specialists.
- 1938– Carl Long founds Carl J. Long & Associates in Pittsburgh, PA as Electrical Engineering Design Consultants
- 1989 – John Wilhelm joins staff of Carl J. Long & Associates
- 1999 – John Wilhelm becomes president of Carl J. Long & Associates
- 2001 – John Wilhelm purchases Dynamic Design Engineering in Johnstown, PA
- 2002 – Carl J. Long & Associates moves to their Moon Township Corporate Headquarters
- 2002 – Carl J. Long & Associates and Dynamic Design Engineering become CJL Engineering Inc.
- 2004 – Meucci & Associates merges with CJL
- 2004 –LEED® engineering services begin at CJL with the addition of Alan Traugott – a founding member of the USGBC
- 2005 – CJL Youngstown office opens
- 2009 – CJL Johnstown moves to their newly renovated LEED® Silver Building
- 2012 – Alan Traugott, Kent Lewis, Greg Alexander, Matt Sotosky and Jim Vizzini become Managing Partners
- 2016 – CJL purchases RHL Engineering and opens fourth office in Frederick, MD